The MCNE® designation is awarded to students who successfully complete both the CNE Core Concepts course and the CNE Advanced Concepts course.
The CNE Core Concepts course must be taken before taking the CNE Advanced Concepts course.
MCNE Designation = CNE Core Concepts course + CNE Advanced Concepts course
“Without a doubt, the best training I have received in my 20+ years as a Realtor is the MCNE program offered by the Real Estate Negotiation Institute.” — Maggie Barduson MCNE
“Thank you for the most educational experience of my life. In 15+ years as a licensed real estate professional and 30+ years as a tax accountant, I have never taken classes that were as inviting, educational, powerful, and rewarding as the MCNE classes. I enjoyed every minute!” — Christina Dharamsingh MCNE
I value my MCNE designation above all others.” — Gil Daigle MCNE
Benefits of CNE& MCNE training:
• more confidence
• superior skills
• far better results for clients and yourself
• greater trust with clients
• belong to an elite group of professionals
• stand out from the crowd
• create a far better experience for clients
• marketing advantage
CNE Core Concepts Course
ADVANCED NEGOTIATION/ REPRESENTATION TECHNIQUES FOR BUYER’S AND LISTING AGENTS, EMAIL NEGOTIATIONS, CULTURAL/GENERATIONAL FACTORS (2 DAYS)
This course is RENI’s flagship course based on the best research and resources in business negotiation. The CNE Core Concepts course is the leading negotiation training course in real estate in North America.
Advanced Representation Techniques for Buyer’s and Listing Agents:
• Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers- What do Buyers and Sellers want most from their agent? What benefits are valued more than others? These questions and more are covered here!
• NAR Code of Ethics- We believe strongly in using the highest ethical standards. Here we cover what our responsibilities and obligations are both to our clients and to other agents.
• Asking Questions to Gather Information- Information is the name if the game! This is such a key skill and learning different ways to gather information can truly enhance your ability to get the best results for your clients and yourself.
• Client Interview Process- We believe the best place to start gathering information is with a client interview. You will be introduced to our proprietary interview process which enables you to clearly understand your client’s situation.
• Agent Value Proposition- You must be able to clearly articulate and demonstrate your value to your client. We review different value propositions as well as scripts on defending your value proposition against other value propositions.
• Setting Client Expectations- You will learn how important it is to properly set your client’s expectations to avoid surprises and negative emotions.
• Power- There are many different types of power available to you and knowing when and how to use them is key, along with knowing how to offset major sources of power for the other side.
• Anchors- The initial offer each party makes is their “anchor”. In real estate negotiations, the Seller puts out the first anchor. Knowing how to put out a credible and defensible anchor is covered from both sides of the table.
• Client Resume- An agent must often “sell” the client to the other side. An effective client resume has three parts that present your client in the most professional way possible.
• Presenting Your Client’s Offer- You will learn different ways to present your client’s offer to the other side including face-to-face, video email, and a plain text email.
• Miscellaneous Topics: You will learn about various counteroffer considerations, how to negotiate repairs effectively, and working with highly competitive negotiators.
Mastering Email Negotiations in Real Estate:
• Communication Effectiveness- You will learn why various communication choices help you or hurt you in representing your client.
• Pros and Cons of Email Negotiations- After this section you will better understand the positives and negatives of email negotiations.
• Email Negotiation Skills- There are four specific skills related to effective email negotiations. After this section you will know how to write a more effective email for yourself and/or your client.
• Email Challenge Exercise- This section wraps up with a small group exercise giving you the chance to create an effective email for a specific situation. Each group will submit their collaborative email for review by the class.
• Resource Materials- You will receive sample emails along with various summaries on how to be more effective when negotiating in writing.
Cultural Factors in Real Estate Negotiations
Course Assumption: Everyone should be treated as an individual. Understanding various cultural values and norms is a starting point, but we in no way intend to stereotype or overly generalize aboutindividual behavior.
• Cultural Factors- You will discuss general characteristics of many cultures to increase your understanding of why cultures can be similar or different.
• Negotiation Factors Across Cultures- You will examine information from leading experts on how various cultures approach negotiation situations.
• Common Negotiation Tactics- Many cultures use the same standard negotiation tactics. As a professional negotiator you need to be able to handle these standard tactics regardless of which culture you are dealing with.
Negotiating Across Generations in Real Estate
Course Assumption: Everyone should be treated as an individual. Understanding various generational values and norms is a starting point, but we in no way intend to stereotype or overly generalize aboutindividual behavior.
• Generation Basics- You will understand basic information about four generations: Silent Generation, Baby Boomer Generation, Generation X and Generation Y (also known as Millennials)
• Specific Generation Negotiation Factors- The class as a group will share experiences in dealing with clients and agents from different generations. Experiences vary greatly depending on the individuals involved, but these discussions are typically rich in insights and recommendations that will enhance your generational negotiating skills.